The roadways in and around Dallas can be dangerous for pedestrians. Often, a pedestrian crash leads to serious injuries or a fatality. The Dallas crosswalk accident lawyers at the Law Office of Julie Johnson understand these cases. If you are somebody you care about has been injured in a pedestrian accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, we are ready to help you secure the compensation you deserve. Today, we want to discuss a recent pedestrian crash that involved an intoxicated driver.
This was a tragic crash that took a life
Earlier this month, 72-year-old Nancy Jo Dennington was walking on the sidewalk along Avondale Road when she was struck by an Audi sedan. Dennington died as a result of the injuries she sustained.
The driver of the vehicle, Ryan Crews, was allegedly intoxicated at the time of the crash and has been charged with intoxication manslaughter. Authorities also say that Crews was found guilty of drink driving in 2014. Then, he was sentenced to 180 days in the Dallas County Jail along with 24 months of probation and a $1,000 fine.
Witnesses to the incident on Avondale tried to help Dennington, but there was nothing they could do. They say that Crews did nothing to help, and that “He was actually very intoxicated.” Witnesses say there were no skid marks and that the victim may never have known what was coming from behind her.
Pedestrian accidents can lead to serious injuries
During the latest reporting year in Texas, there were 5,684 total pedestrian accident injuries. As a result of these incidents, there were:
- 621 fatalities
- 1,156 suspected serious injuries
- 2,080 suspected non-incapacitating injuries
- 1,867 possible injuries
The human body has no protection from the force of a vehicle weighing thousands of pounds slamming into it. More often than not, a pedestrian crash will result in some kind of injury or a fatality. It is not uncommon for the Dallas pedestrian accident attorneys at the Law Office of Julie Johnson to help clients have sustained the following:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Bone fractures and dislocations
- Loss of or damage to bodily organ
- Dismemberment or amputation
- Other injuries that inhibit a person’s daily activities
- Significant disfigurement
Victims of these injuries often incur major medical expenses as well as other hidden costs as they recover.
We can help you through this
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a pedestrian accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, please seek legal assistance today. At the Law Office of Julie Johnson, You can count on experienced and qualified legal representation to help you secure the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- All pedestrian crash-related medical expenses
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent driver
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- 72-Year-Old Woman Struck And Killed By Intoxicated Driver - December 14, 2019
- Is The NorthPark Center Dangerous For Pedestrians? - November 20, 2019
- Automatic Braking Systems And Pedestrians - October 15, 2019