What happened in this incident?
On Sunday, September 22, a pickup truck slammed into someone’s home on North Ridge Road I Fort Worth. The incident happened at around 11 p.m., and there was one person inside the home.
When fire crews arrived, they fond a red Ford pickup truck lodged into the home. Thankfully, there were no injuries reported in the incident. The driver of the truck told police that he was traveling north on Boat Club Road when another vehicle forced him to lose control of his truck, though no witnesses can corroborate this story. The driver was arrested on unknown charges.
We brought you this story to show the unpredictability of the roadways in and around Dallas. Car accidents happen frequently, though thankfully there are not too many “vehicle versus house accidents.”
During the latest reporting year in Texas, there were 3,639 fatalities and 249,241 total injuries as a result of vehicle accidents across the state. It is not uncommon for us to see the following injuries in the aftermath of a vehicle crash:
- Broken and dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations
- Internal organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Even relatively minor crash injuries can lead to medical expenses that reach thousands of dollars. For major injuries, it is not uncommon to see expenses reach over one hundred thousand dollars.
All too often, another driver’s negligence causes these incidents.
- In 2018, there were 398 people killed in crashes involving distracted driving in Texas.
- 940 people were killed as a result of impaired driver crashes in Texas that same year.
When another driver is at fault for a crash, victims and their families should not have to worry about how they are going to pay the bills.
Let us get to work on your case today
If you or a loved one are injured in a car crash that was caused by another person’s negligence, please seek legal assistance as soon as possible. At the Law Office of Julie Johnson, our qualified and experienced team is ready to get to work investigating your case. We want to secure the compensation you need, including:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Coverage of physical therapy
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against the negligent party
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- 72-Year-Old Woman Struck And Killed By Intoxicated Driver - December 14, 2019
- Is The NorthPark Center Dangerous For Pedestrians? - November 20, 2019
- Automatic Braking Systems And Pedestrians - October 15, 2019