Have you or a family member been injured in an accident while working in the oil industry? Hurt on the job on an oil rig or oil field? Our office is here to help you get your questions answered and get the compensation that you need and deserve.
The oil industry is critical to Texas’ economy and is an essential part of Texas’ history and landscape. Thousands of workers every year make a living working in oil fields and on oil rigs, in often dangerous and even unsafe conditions. Working in the oil industry is one of the world’s most dangerous jobs.
Many workers are injured in the course of their work and through no fault of their own. If you’ve been injured in an oil field or oil rig accident, it’s important to seek legal counsel to protect you, your family and your rights.
Our experienced staff is here to answer your most important questions:
- Who will pay my medical bills?
- What benefits am I entitled to?
- What if I can’t go back to work?
- What if I can’t go back to my old job?
- Who should I talk to about the accident?
- Should I sign paperwork from my insurance company or employer?
Whether your injury was due to a fall, a fire, an explosion, an electrocution, an oil truck accident, toxic fumes or defective machinery, we can help!
Getting to the Bottom of Your Oil Field Injury
Our Dallas office has handled thousands of oil field injury cases, and will provide you with the resources to better understand what happened, and who was at fault. Many times, oil field and oil rig accidents are due to safety violations and inadequate safety precautions.
We will help you investigate and document your injury and fight for your rights as you recover.
How Can an Attorney Help You?
After an injury or workplace death, you and your family will have many questions. We can help you answer those questions and assist you in moving through the complex world of worker’s compensation and personal injury law.
Our experienced and skilled staff will:
- Help you understand Texas law and regulations on workman’s compensation
- Make sure you are taken care of even if your workplace is not covered by workman’s compensation
- Help you find other sources of compensation from insurance or third parties
- Help you collect lost wages and medical expenses
- Protect you from being fired, or make sure you are taken care of if the company fires you after an injury
- Represent your interests in the same way that the company’s attorneys will represent theirs.
If your workplace carries worker’s compensation insurance, that system will help you with the costs of rehabilitation, care, disability and lost wages. However, you will need help in understanding your rights, as the system may not give you enough support.
An attorney can help you navigate the different kinds of compensation, such as when the injury results from the negligence of another party. If your injury was caused by a negligent third party, you may obtain additional funds to cover your financial losses, as well as for pain and suffering.
We are the firm who can help you navigate all these complications. We have the technology and resources to match the big companies, and will fight for the results you need and deserve.
What Should I Do After an Oil Rig or Oil Field Accident?
The first thing to remember is that it’s important to report the accident and seek an attorney as soon as possible. Texas law limits the amount of time you have to report and file a workman’s compensation or personal injury claim, so don’t wait! Follow these key steps after an accident:
- Notify a supervisor of what has happened and the details of the injury.
- Seek medical assistance immediately.
- Document everything. Take photographs of the incident location from varying angles, and photograph injuries.
- Contact any witnesses who saw the accident and ask them to document what they saw- in writing or in a voice recording.
- Gather names, as well as all contact information from any witnesses.
- Contact an experienced attorney who specializes in oil rig and oil field injuries to get help.
You Deserve a Seasoned and Experienced Legal Team to Help You
A workplace injury can have a lifetime of consequences for you and your family. The injuries that workers sustain in the oil industry can be severe and life-changing. Workers who have been hurt need aggressive representation to ensure that their rights are protected.
Our legal team has years of experience fighting for hard-working oil workers like you. It will cost you nothing to meet with us and have us explain your legal options.
If you, or a family worker have been injured while working on an oil rig or in an oil field, call our office before it’s too late!